Position: Assistant or Associate Professor in Marketing/E-Sports (tenure-track)
Organization: Algoma University
Unit: Faculty of Business and Economics
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Preferred Start date: 2024, July 1st
Algoma University (www.algomau.ca) is a rapidly growing and innovative institution that embraces research, scholarship, and teaching to pursue its Special Mission. The Special Mission is founded upon cross-cultural learning between Indigenous and other communities within a spirit of healing and reconciliation. Algoma University’s four faculties — Business and Economics, Cross-Cultural Studies, Humanities and Social Sciences, and Science — provide students with rich experiential learning opportunities across all of its campuses in Brampton, Sault Ste. Marie and Timmins. With a newly approved Strategic Research and Creative Works plan, Algoma will enhance its research capacity through community engaged partnerships and ongoing development of graduate programming. We welcome those interested in this exciting time of growth!
- Preference will be given to candidates with a terminal degree Ph.D./DBA in Marketing with marketing experience in the E-Sports industry and a demonstrated commitment to teaching and research
- Expertise in teaching in the E-Sports industry at both the introductory and advanced levels
- Demonstrated relevant academic background, research portfolio and a record of teaching excellence
- Experience with remote/online/hybrid instruction is desirable
Application Packages should contain the following:
- A letter of application
- A current CV
- A statement of teaching philosophy and evidence of teaching effectiveness (e.g., examples of peer and/or student evaluations)
- A research plan (up to two single-spaced pages)
- Sample publications
- The names, contact information and relationship of five referees (one of whom should be the most recent immediate supervisor)
- Indigenization, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (I-EDI) Statement
- Note: Application materials should be submitted as a single combined PDF file, with a file name that identifies the applicant
Candidates must submit their application electronically to: Dr. William Wei, Dean, Faculty of Business and Economics, via email@example.com. Applications received by 4 pm EST January 26, 2024 will be assured of consideration, though the posting remains open until the position is filled. The position is subject to budgetary approval.
The position is open to all qualified applicants, although preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
Algoma University is strongly committed to fostering diversity and inclusivity within our community and is an equal-opportunity employer. The university invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who would contribute to the further diversification of our Institution, including equity-deserving groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment (Indigenous peoples, racialized persons, women, persons with disabilities, and 2SLGBTQQIPA+ persons).
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, upon request, accommodation will be provided by Algoma University throughout the recruitment, selection, and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities.
Algoma University is committed to undoing systemic and institutional discrimination and being publicly transparent and accountable. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are fundamental to our Special Mission. In keeping with the Seven Grandfather teachings that are the core values that inform our decisions as an institution, we are committed to creating a welcoming, inclusive, respectful, and safe environment where everyone belongs. We live these values through the strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and welcome contributors from equity-deserving groups including: Indigenous Peoples, Black and racialized persons, women, Persons with Disabilities, 2 Spirit, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer persons.